BETTER THAN BEFORE

15:27

The month that I've been waiting for has come, November. Being rejected because did not meet the medical checkup expectation is one of the reason why I changed my habit by getting my body healthier. It was spontaneous decision, I used to refuse my friend's invitation for doing sport in the weekend but in the last two weeks I regularly went to run at 5 am. My mom deliberately looked at me with her surprise expression scanning from up to toe when I'd changed my clothes already after sipping my tea and read some pages of my book that has been given by my brother, Birdie. I confidently said to her that I'm going to run around neighborhood.
The first day I ran, my feet showed interest to allow myself to keep up with this new habit. Birds chirping, dog barking, even cats passing by became my cheerleader to keep my spirit high although I've got tired easily and considered to back home as soon as possible. Sometimes my feet said to stop and walked slowly to give me a chance saying hi to cats or just let me breathe whilst enjoying the sky whose color turned into orange. My friend Oci told me that running can be meditating time to relax your mind and put the overthinking away. I nod my head that I grasped why she said those words. By choosing running to distract my thoughts, It also give me time to meditate. 


Why I choose to run in the morning? Because people who watch me to run only a few, those who wake up earlier, unfortunately I feel uncomfortable when people are watching me even It's not their purpose but I still perceive that their eyes is on me. To me, being a morning person will be given a privileged as first person who get the fresh air without worry by the pollution which bother my nose sometimes (yes, I easily sneezing)
It was fun, I'm grateful for taking this habit. For an hour jogging, I let myself to forget anything that make me overwhelmed, I let my ears to listen the bird chirping, I let my eyes close to feel the calm of morning breeze, I let my feet earthing and nose to smell the fresh air after raining. It was heart-warming to see old people doing the same activity like me, those people gave smile to me even I don't know who are they, I gave them smile back. I believe being in the outdoor is good for me, I felt genuinely free.


I remained the words in which I highlighted on my book "Better than Before by Gretchen Rubin" (If you follow my instagram, you'll know it because sometime I put it on instagram story). She wrote "It's important to cultivate an atmosphere of growth- the sense that we're learning new things, getting stronger, forging new relationships, making things better, helping other people. Habit have a tremendous role to creating an atmosphere of growth, because they help us make consistent, reliable progress".
I fondly hope this habit can make a better than before version of me and consistent is the key (Next Saturday and Sunday will be my proof if I can be a person who can keep my words, xoxo).



Cheers,


Iluk

You Might Also Like

0 comments