TRAVEL TO NETHERLANDS

05:05

On 15th of Feb I got a chance to go the Netherlands for the first time in my life and I was dreaming of this for a long time. My eyes were starring when the co-pilot told the passenger that we were landing to Eindhoven airport in 15 minutes. I was happy on the way to Venlo because finally, I met Klaartje after 2 years separated. Klaartje’s mom told me that there is one a worth-to-visit museum I must go to in Amsterdam. We went to Amsterdam in the morning, Klaartje's mom packed some bread, fruits, and water for me and Charmaine. So, we went straight to the station, moved to another one. Amsterdam was really crowded at that time, we went to Dam square. Many people and tourist hung out in these places, you would find also a princess of Netherland pic in that building, Birds flew around me at the scenery of the dam square, people with bicycle were going around. I also went to Anne Frank house but sadly I couldn’t go inside because there were a thousand people made a line that’s why Klaartje asked me and Char to went straight in one of café near the canal. I ordered hot milk with cream on top, shoo pweeety! I got cookies for bonus :p I forgot the name of that café but it’s easy to going there, It’s near the Anne Frank house.







hot chocolate in the cafe near a canal, Ams
It's good to meet her again
Sadly, Klaartje couldn’t join me and Charmaine to went around Amsterdam because she had to meet her lecturer. In my personal statement, people in Amsterdam are prefer taking public transportations or bicycle than taking care because the parking cost is extremely expensive, As I saw on the train on the way to Amsterdam from Venlo, people were more friendly to say hi even they didn’t know each other, there was a lady who's taking care of her baby while dealing with her baby’s carriage. Klaartje offered help to her so she could take care of that carriage, so she sat down nearby her child.






Back to the story when I was arrived in Amsterdam after the café and say goodbye to Klaartje, I and Char had to read the map to go to the next place. The fact is I and Char couldn’t read the map at all, we were grumping and laughing on the street and preferred to take a picture on canal haha. After that, we stopped and sat on the chair at the park for having lunch! Luckily, we had bread from Klaart's mom. Then, after lunch, we just went and tried hard to read the map & just asked everyone we met to show us where was "I am Amsterdam”. In the middle of the journey, we met 3 strangers who were also looking for these sign, she introduced herself. Lucille, Uday, and Lucille’s mom. She could read maps, and we had maps! And here we go!


On the way there, we talked and getting to know each other, they were really friendly. Lucille told us that there were one street that famous with branded store. She got idea that we had to try once the expensive coffee store, and we did it! Hahaha trying an expensive coffee for free, pretended to be a consumer. After we had a cup of coffee we went straight to the sign we wanted to go, but we saw a line of Van gogh museum and Lucille mom just asked me and Charmaine if we wanted to go inside because she had a special card (Fact of Netherlands people: they have so many special cards) for museum so we didn't need to make a line like those people did hahaha. Vincent Van Gogh is one of famous painter from Netherlands, the story of him is really touching, 3 floors full of stories of him I love these museum because you can hear the story with the phone prepared by the museum. Vincent was having a big problem in the past so he cut his ears because of the stress. One hour and a half strolling around museum, gave me knowledge and insight about live. 







For you who wants to go Vincent Van Gogh, you need to check it first on the agenda or any information related about this museum on google. Because I don't know if this museum is permanent or not. If you have friend from Netherlands, just go with her/him because they have special card to enter museum without make a line. So, enjoy the museum walking! 




Best regards, 


Iluk reskiyee


You Might Also Like

0 comments